I am looking to speak to any bridge/engineering engineering graduate looking for a new role in Manchester. Exciting opportunity to work for SME consultancy in city centre Manchester.
You will have the opportunity to work on key design & build bridge/structural schemes for key contractors throughout the UK.
- Experience of design in or assessment of steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as MIDAS, Autodesk Structural Bridge Design (SBD), Robot, LUSAS, or similar.
- Experience of 2D and 3D CAD typical of what is needed of an engineer to consult and produce basic changes to drawings
- Past use of maths calculation tools such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Excel Visual Basic (Macros) or similar is beneficial but not essential. Willingness to use these tools daily and learn would be acceptable
- Bridge design contribution. Includes preliminary and detailed and assessment
- Highway/road design contribution. To balance the workload and provide skills in this discipline that will strengthen relationship with the structures team
- Liaising and support to other disciplines at concept and preliminary design stage
If this role is of interest or you're looking for a similar role in the engineering industry, please don't hesitate to contact me at Calibre Search
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.