A well established plastic product manufacturers are recruiting for a design engineer experienced with injection moulding and DFM to join their busy new product development team. Experience with full product development and the ability to plan and lead projects would be advantageous. All CAD software will be considered. A strong knowledge of mechanical design engineering with experience of the consumer market or similar environment.
A recognised household product manufacturer at the cutting edge of their industry are consistently innovating and developing new ways to help their customers and keep their market share.
As a design engineer will you be responsible for:
- The leadership of multiple projects.
- Design of complete systems including various sub-assemblies and mechanisms.
- Cost effective solutions.
- Validation via reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances and testing.
- Input in development activities.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Degree level or equivalent design engineering qualification.
- CAD skills - Ideally NX but other packages considered (Solidworks, solid-works, solid works, Creo, Pro engineer, Pro/e, Pro-e).
- Strong plastic injection moulding experience.
- Experience testing and experimenting with prototypes.
As a design engineer, you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- £28,000 - £33,000
- 3% pension contribution
- 25+ Holidays
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Bonus schemes
- Casual dress code
In addition to the formal package, the company promote strong ethics, integrity and team culture for a results-driven environment.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.