A Medical specialist company is currently looking for a hard-working, hands on contract Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a specialised project for one of their customers.
A leading Medical and Technology company specialising in Photonics and Fibre Optics machinery. They pride themselves on high-quality machinery and therefore attention to detail and precision engineering
Mechanical Design Engineer Role and Requirements
This fantastic opportunity is seeking for someone who has a creative and problem-solving mind-set who is hard-working and enjoys a challenge. You shall receive a competitive hourly rate while developing your skills within a well-known company. The contract will last 6 months.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you shall be responsible for overlooking the full project through Lean manufacturing processes. Other requirements for the position includes:
- New product improvement, Continuous Improvement and Lean Six Sigma
- Be responsible for phases of the manufacturing transfer from a site in Scotland to a site in England according to the agreed timescales
- Responsible for the transfer of machines, their commissioning and product/process verification/validation prior to the first production runs
- Ensure the various product types (materials, dimensions) are covered during the verification validation activity
- Handover to production by the agreed timescales
Experience working in the Automotive or Medical industries is also desired but not required. Interviews are beginning by the end of this week therefore if this could be of interest please apply now!