Our Fleetcare business is going from strength to strength. Our customers recognise us as the industry expert in ensuring their fleets are both properly maintained and also compliant thus reducing down time and maximising the efficiency of their fleet. Due to continued success and growth, we are recruiting Fleet Maintenance Engineers to join our team based in Devizes, Wiltshire.
By using their expertise and technical knowledge, our Fleet / HGV Maintenance Engineers assess all repair methods and costs in order to minimize asset running costs whilst ensuring they remain compliant in respect of health and safety which is paramount. Their proficiency and passion ensures any disruption and downtime for our customers is kept to an absolute minimum.
You will provide advice and support to our HGV Maintenance Controllers and NBS colleagues on work requiring areas of technical know-how ensuring decisions made relating to planned maintenance, inspections, breakdowns and recovery events are cost efficient, effective and provide the most practical solution so that we can meet the expectations of our customers and Ryder. Other responsibilities include:
- Drive professionalism and customer focused behaviour
- Validation of repair requests to ensure they are required and are only carried out by Ryder workshops or approved dealers
- Ensure best practices are followed at all times
- Asset value is maximized through high quality cost effective repair
- Drive reduction in running costs
- Authorising repairs to Customers owned assets.
To be successful in this role you must have experience gained either within a Heavy Goods Vehicle shop floor environment or Heavy Goods Vehicle roadside assistance environment. You must have either C&G apprenticeship or NVQ/SNVQ level 3 in Mechanical Repair.
Some of the skills and knowledge we believe an effective Maintenance Engineer possesses are below:
- Ability to conduct themselves with the highest professionalism at all times and be well presented and articulate.
- Be computer literate and able to demonstrate an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Window and Office applications
- Ability to transpose and understand financial and technical data to an Advanced standard.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to adjust style and behaviours appropriately to secure the best outcome
- Self-motivated, accurate and operates at the highest ethical standards and utmost integrity
If you are interested in the above role and you have a desire to be successful, please apply.
Salary & Benefits
As part of the Ryder team you will be offered a starting salary of £30,600 plus the following benefits:
- A performance related bonus up to £1,500
- Industry leading pension scheme matching up to 6% of your salary
- Generous holiday allowance (starting at 22 days, increasing up to 25 days based on length of service plus bank holidays)
- Access to Perkbox which offers a wide variety of discounts across the high street and online retailers, cinemas, restaurants etc.
- Group Income Protection (available after 2 years of service)
- Life Assurance (3x basic salary)
- Eyecare Vouchers
- 24/7 GP Service
You will be working 40 hours per week between Monday and Friday from 8am to 5pm.
As the UK’s leading independent provider of commercial vehicle rental, contract hire and fleet maintenance for over 45 years, Ryder understands the complexities and priorities of the transportation and logistics industry. Ryder’s fleet of 20,000 vans, trucks and trailers is supported by a nationwide network of maintenance locations, 24/7 national breakdown assistance, and a large team of qualified technicians with a clear focus on uptime, compliance and choice. We work hard to understand our clients’ businesses and provide customised solutions to meet their individual transportation needs.
The driving force behind Ryder’s success is our people. Ever better™ is our purpose and our mantra. To our customers and our employees it is a promise. A promise to unlock hidden opportunities, to dig in when others let up and to commit to maintaining a workplace in which our employees are encouraged to thrive. We understand that unrivalled leadership inspires individuals and promotes continuous improvement. We respect each of our 34,000 employees worldwide, valuing their contribution, ideas and diversity, empowering and developing them as successful individuals and teams.
*Strictly no agency support