We have opportunities for Manufacturing Engineers to work within our various Technology Centres supporting the vital role we play in keeping the Nation safe.
Location: Reading /Basingstoke area
AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme and other associated benefits which you would expect from a leadership role are also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
We design and manufacture a wide range of products, materials and tools to support our mission. Our operations include precision component manufacture, fabrication, explosive formulation, fissile material production, rubbers and plastics, and warhead assembly and disassembly.
The role of a Manufacturing Engineer within this area of our business is to realise product design, delivering and managing process and tooling designs for both improvements and introduction. This will include the creation and configuration of manufacturing process documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specifications) in accordance with appropriate procedures and legislation within a highly regulated environment.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are at various stages of their career who can demonstrate a wide engineering experience ideally within a Manufacturing or Production Engineering environment, delivering engineering and production systems to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience within some of the following:
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, inspection, moulding and metallurgy
- Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling or equipment including requirements capture and presenting at design reviews
- Knowledge of materials and their properties
- Knowledge of design, components, tool design and manufacture
- Good knowledge of manufacturing systems and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
- An ability to produce or assist in the production of Manufacturing Documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specification and operating instructions)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.