Omexom is a brand through which VINCI Energies undertakes its Transmission & Distribution activities. Omexom specialise in the design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland. We are currently recruiting Graduate Engineers across the UK and Ireland for our 2020 Graduate Programme.
VINCI Energies is a community of incredible people, empowered to create world-changing industrial, digital and energy infrastructures. Our vision to create a better future sits at the heart of everything we do. At Omexom you are free to be who you are and what you want to be. You can be part of a community that fosters entrepreneurial spirit and supports you in your personal development.
Graduates are the future of Omexom. This is why we put a lot of time and money into our Graduate Development Programmes to make sure we attract the best and develop you into the future leaders of the energy and utility contracting industry.
The objective of our Graduate Development Programme is to launch you on a fast track to career success. As a Graduate in Omexom, you will be part of collaborative and innovative teams in a culture that thrives on teamwork and innovation. We have developed a Graduate Development Programme which includes:
- structured rotations
- challenging assignments
- robust learning and development
- a supportive Network
- competitive salary and benefits package
- experience working on a wide variety of major projects
- exposure to different aspects of our business
- a dedicated mentor who will help you on your career journey
Based from one of our UK offices, the overall purpose of the role is to assist in various areas of the complete high voltage project lifecycle. These areas include estimating, design engineering, operations, project management and commissioning of substation projects. Our programme fully equips you to take on a permanent role with us, and can lead to a wide range of technical, business and management opportunities.
Over the course of the programme, the post holder will work closely with Bid and Project Delivery Managers, Technical Design staff, Commercial staff and Operational staff to gain exposure and a thorough understanding of the Substation industry and associated construction projects.
Over a two-year period a training programme will be provided both externally, and internally, via the VINCI Energies UK Academy, to equip the successful candidate with the required skills to progress within Omexom. This will focus on developing your ability to problem solve, think critically, understand the balance between value and risk and to build your decision-making capability. You will also be given the chance to develop your stakeholder management capability and the opportunity to work at a strategic level, supporting key business initiatives and innovative change programmes, all while pursuing your professional accreditation.
Duties within the programme will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Bid Manager in managing the full tendering process for Substation construction and refurbishment projects up to 275kV for both DNO and private network owners across the UK.
- Assist the tendering team in preparing tender documentation and winning bids. This will include the preparation of tender return information to meet customer requirements, updating estimating databases and distributing tendering correspondence.
- Attend pre and post tender meetings and assist the co-ordination of internal business functions to ensure client requirements are met, risks are identified, and mitigation plans are implemented in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the safe, efficient delivery of work to the highest possible construction standards.
- Assist with the delivery of Projects / Programmes of work to the highest standards of safety and quality within budget and on time.
- Contribute to the commercial success of projects ensuring profitable delivery of work.
- Ensure effective communication with customers.
- Assist the Project Manager with the management of budgets and control of costs associated with the works location including timely delivery of financial and other progress data for the preparation of financial and other reports as directed by the Finance Department.
- Assist in the preparation of project progress reports for periodic review with Customers as directed by the Project Manager.
It is essential that the successful candidate is an excellent communicator with all stakeholders (internal and external), a commercially focused self-starter with the enthusiasm, motivation and initiative to succeed in this role. The jobholder must possess:
- 3rd level education with a 2.1 in a relevant technical / engineering / business related discipline.
- Proficient in range of design software and MS suite of applications.
- Ability to meet targets in a commercial environment. Able to work to tight tender submission deadlines and can demonstrate previous experience of working under pressure.
- An understanding of financial management and the ability to plan works in a logical and efficient manner.
- Ability to put the customer at the centre of decision making.
- Commitment to the highest safety and quality related standards.
- Full driving licence and access to a form of transport to meet the job requirements.
- Keen to develop/grow within the business, taking on additional responsibilities and duties.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work alone.
We’re a team of enthusiastic entrepreneurs continuously seeking to deliver the promises of the digital and energy revolutions. Our culture is reflected in our values which we embody by empowering and bringing together amazing people:
In line with Omexom’s values, the successful applicant should possess the following qualities:
Team Spirit & Generosity – you must be able to work effectively within and contribute to the Omexom team to deliver results, provide support and drive performance.
Trust and Empowerment – you will enjoy managing your responsibilities and time to ensure your work is completely efficiently and professionally.
Integrity and Responsibility – you will enjoy taking responsibility for your duties and managing these effectively to ensure efficient high quality results
Innovation & Entrepreneurship – you will continually strive to improve processes and introduce new initiatives to improve efficiency.
The successful applicant will be based at our offices in either Doncaster, Belfast, Coventry, Perth or Glasgow.
Please forward your cv to james morrison