Project Partners is proud to work closely with one of the UK's choice telecoms infrastructure and management consultancies, providing first class design and build services to all major network providers. Are you ready to join an estabilished telecoms player with a bright future?
We are seeking skilled Design Engineers with experience in the telecoms sector to join a busy design department. The Design Engineers will deliver high quality structural designs for telecommunications sites.
Working across all company projects the Design Engineers works with the site Project Engineers to produce site specific designs placing emphasis on quality design outputs & compliance with internal quality standards. Taking responsibility ensuring efficient design & ensuring effective communication amongst design stakeholders (internal & external) to minimise design changes & improve design quality.
Responsiblity for the design of a large portfolio of sites through the design process, ensuring designs are completed in accordance with the Company and Client KPIs.
Ensuring the design requirements of the client are captured & that high-quality, safe, commercially viable designs are produced both internally & by third parties (subcontractors).
Major Job Responsibilities
- To undertake and review site surveys & produce survey reports which detail workable, best practice solutions.
- Produce designs to quality standards, statutory & client requirements.
- Produce plan & elevation views with associated standard design requirements.
- Complete work to output expectations, ensuring the timely delivery of work.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal & external stakeholders ensuring that milestones are met within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure design ‘buildability’ and cost control processes and considerations within designs.
- Support the Lead Engineer as required in particular through expert structural design advice.
- Partake in design forums / discussions & disseminate information related to design.
- Mentoring, motivation and support for graduate engineers.
- Act as an ‘escalation point’ for project engineers who require design assistance.
- Provide designated point of contact to clients for all matters relating to structural engineering.
- Attend multi skilled visits (MSV) providing practical & relevant design advice to meet site & client specifications.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Acquisition Surveyors, Project Engineers & other key stakeholders to ensure design deliverables are met within agreed timeframes.
- Degree qualified in Construction/Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a mobile telecommunications Design Engineer highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to write & technical documentation and develop standards.
- Strong investigative skills, ability to procure information & report findings.
- Knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT, photo-editing software, Pro-MAP.
- Experience of rooftop safety regulations & design requirements.
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations & British Standards with a commitment to safety in design principals.
- Sound IT skills competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong commercial awareness, particularly in relation to construction costs.
- Flexible & professional approach to work.
- Self-motivated, confident & organised.
- Ability to handle heavy workload & competing priorities.
- Interest in keeping informed of best practice both within & outside the industry
The Good Stuff
- A basic salary of up to £40,000 DOE.
- A generous employer contributory pension scheme.
- Incredible package including private BUPA healthcare, 3 x salary death in service insurance, Perkbox membership and ongoing financial assistance for training and progression!
If this sounds like you, and you seek a new challenge with significant scope to learn and develop within the industry, apply now or call me to discuss this opportunity in more detail and to tell me why you're a perfect fit!
I can't wait to hear from you!