40 Hours per week - Monday to Friday, 08.00am - 17.00pm
Our prestigious Embassy Gardens development is seeking to add to the exisiting team an additional maintenance operative to respond effectively to all reactive tasks and engineering requests. If you have experience in a similar role, including assisting with general repairs to the building fabric, this may be the career move you are looking for.
- Assist the onsite engineering team to complete either under guidance or independently assigned PPM’s and reactive tasks in a timely and professional manner in accordance with schedules and standards as directed by the Engineering Manager/Head of FM.
- Assist with general repairs to building fabric using ‘handy-man’ skills covering painting, decorations, clearing gulley’s and drains etc. are kept free from debris, replacing door handles, latches, door closers etc.
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses and starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
- Provide support to other engineering operatives within the team to ensure effective service delivery.
Skills and ability
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to use initiative or as part of team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in undertaking maintenance activities within a complex multi-building environment.
- Building trade background.
- General Education.
- City & Guilds/NVQs in a building trade or equivalent.
- Understanding of good customer care.
- Experience with working in a residential environment.
Full job description available. Please send your CV to us for consideration.