Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks an Engineering Technician to join a Production Engineering Department on a fixed-term contract for 6 months, with the potential to be extended to 12 months.
About the role:
The company require a dynamic Engineering Technician in the Packaging and Inspection Area of a Pharmaceutical Production facility.
The successful candidate will provide experienced packaging engineering support within production, working shifts on a rotating shift rota.
You will ensure that all site and production equipment and services are set-up, monitored, adjusted and maintained to maximise production and quality.
You will also comply with cGMP, Health and Safety and COSSH guidelines at all times.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate flexibility, drive, enthusiasm, leadership in problem solving, and reducing downtime. You will be driving forward improvements for increased Packing & Inspection efficiencies. A modern thinking engineer with the ability and drive to make a difference will excel in this role.
Skills and experience:
- You will have served a recognised Mechanical or Mechanical biased Engineering Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or degree level qualification, and have experience of working in a manufacturing facility. Electrically biased apprentice trained engineers will be considered, although the role is predominantly mechanically biased.
- You must have the ability to work alone, or as part of a team and have excellent fault finding and rectification skills.
- The ability to relate to personnel at all levels and communicate effectively is also essential.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry and a Grade D pharmaceutical packing environment is preferred, along with an understanding of pharmaceutical industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of current false medicines directives would also be an advantage.