We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our maintenance team based in Reading.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm and 10pm to 7pm on a rotating basis.
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting client sites.
- To undertake both planned and reactive Electrical / Mechanical maintenance tasks in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability of plant & equipment
- To ensure all plant & equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with both relevant legislation and EMCOR operating procedures
- Carry out minor installation and replacement works
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant rooms and adjacent areas
- Provide accurate feedback, information and work reports, utilising the EMCOR mobile application
- To undertake routine water monitoring tasks and weekly fire alarm tests, ensuring records are maintained
- Assist the Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports
- To monitor sub-contractors works, ensuring all EMCOR procurement processes and procedures are followed, and relevant site records are maintained
- To communicate operational issues to the EMCOR Supervisor when appropriate and proactively request support when required
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EMCOR management
- Proven experience within a building services environment.
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification (Mechanical) at, or equivalent to C&G, / NVQ level 3
- Able to be appointed as a CP for Mechanical / Electrical (LV) disciplines
- Able to be appointed as a TP for Hot & Cold Water systems
- Understanding of statutory compliance legislation
- Have good people management, decision-making and communications skills. Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all level
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals.
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change.
- Ability to lead and act with authority when required.
- Pro-active approach.
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems-analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and peers, providing information to supervisors and co-workers.
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.