Salary: Competitive salary with Bonus Scheme & Benefits Package
Are you a strong, dynamic individual with good leadership and people skills who has performed within a workshop environment? Do you want a role where you can make a difference?
The Works Manager Role:
We are looking for a Works Manager to control and drive workshop throughout on a day to day basis supporting and deputising for the operations manager in the promotion and growth of the business.
Works Manager Duties include
- Understand the main requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Ensuring that supervisors carry out their assigned responsibilities and review their performance
- Make recommendations for improving performance and efficiency
- Carry out appraisals and set personal objectives and targets
- Ensure that accidents, incidents and near misses are recorded and properly investigated
- Assisting the Service Centre Manager in drawing up annual plans for health and safety including training needs
- Having a positive working relationship with Mechanical Department to ensure resources and equipment cross over to maximise productivity
- Ensure work is carried out effectively, efficiently, with maximum profitability & to the required standard
- Forecasting expected Invoiced Sales & Gross Profit for Month/Quarter
- Responsible for the achieving Budget Invoiced Sales, GP, Prod/Non-Prod Hours and WIP/Debt figures
- Selecting and monitoring suitable contractors
- Ensure the company policies and procedures are distributed & adhered to
- Undertaking workplace inspections and audits
- Ensuring a safe place of work for the employees and other parties through a series of suitable and sufficient risk assessments
About you as the ideal Works Manager:
- Previous experience in a Management or Supervisory engineering role within a service-based industry
- A recognised formal apprenticeship or relevant engineering qualification would be desirable with an electrical background
- To be a dynamic motivational leader with excellent management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- IOSH Health and Safety for Supervisors desirable not essential
- Experience carrying out electrical engineering repairs
- Excellent communication / People skills.
- Ideally experience in all disciplines in an Electrical Engineering Workshop.
- Experience project planning
Works Manager Benefits:
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Flexible working
- Onsite car parking
- Long service awards
If you would like to apply for the above position, please apply via Plaza. Please ensure your manager is aware of your application.
Sulzer is a global partner with reliable and sustainable solutions for performance-critical applications. We specialize in pumping solutions, separation, reaction, and mixing technology, as well as rotating equipment maintenance and services. Combining engineering and application expertise, our innovative solutions add value and strengthen the competitive position of our customers. Sulzer is a leading provider in its key markets: oil and gas, power and water. We serve clients worldwide through a network of over 150 locations.