Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to continued success we are now recruiting for a Site Engineer to work in our Southern Region initially on a £15m highway scheme on the A2300.
- Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs
- Read and review construction drawings
- Undertake basic take-off’s
- Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
- Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of highways schemes with a main contractor. You must also have experience of setting out. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout our Southern Region.
A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer a company vehicle, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, , a cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.