My client a leading precision engineering company is looking to recruit a high-calibre individual with proven skills to work within the Maintenance Department, who will provide an effective source and effective & prompt service in electrical diagnosis, repair and rebuild of site plant, production equipment, premises & services ensuring that objectives/targets for cost, quality and timeliness are achieved.
The successful applicant will responsible for preventative maintenance on machines and equipment as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; overhaul and repair of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Applicants will be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to undertake shift work.
- To carry out all the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Fitter, Electrical.
- To provide advisory and expert focus for all electronic aspects linked to the full range of site maintenance department activities, for example with the design control/operating programs for CNC systems on new & existing production equipment.
- Establish and fully maintain all associated record systems, whether hard copy of bespoke computer software orientated.
- To prepare and maintain all associated project, training/operating/preventative maintenance, documentation/instructions/manuals.
- To maintain, service, repair and calibrate all electronic devices such as Computer Numerical Control Machinery, Programmable Controllers and Electronic Gauging Equipment.
- To assist in electronic design, fabrication of machinery and test equipment as required by the Company.
- To compile electrical and electronic technical drawings of plant and machinery wiring and control systems when manufactured or modified by the Company.
- To undertake every task to the highest possible quality standard and to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through the adherence to proper procedures at all times.
After training, be actively involved in:
- Principles and controls associated with Environmental Management as applicable to ISO 14001
- Health & Safety within the workplace.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications required
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Pass at Electrical/Electronic C&G Standard or equivalent
- Electrical circuitry - machinery/factory services
- Machine Tool Electronics
- PLC experience
- Latest Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671)
Working a 2 shift system – Rotating Monday to Friday 0700-1500 / 1500-2300. This may change in the future to a 3 shift system.