Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Systems Engineering Manager. Working with the Programme Manager and Solution Design Authority you will be responsible for the for the engineering planning and execution activities within a high value, high risk and technically complex programmes (£70M) of multiple projects.
This role is based in Bournemouth
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Systems Engineering Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline, such as mechanical or electronic engineering.
- Engineering leadership in Aerospace or complex technical environment.
- Extensive systems analysis, design and development engineering experience
- Full engineering lifecycle. Planning and Production of technical deliverables for design reviews - presentation at reviews to customer, suppliers, stakeholders
- Good understanding of Project Management and PM tools, such as Microsoft Project.
- Good understanding of Risk Management
- Good understanding of Configuration Management
- Experience of Programme Lifecycle Management
- Good Organisational skills
- Compliance with relevant quality standards AS9100D, ISO
As a Systems Engineering Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Delivery of development engineering planning, execution and innovation into the programme that meets the defined requirements of the System Design Authority.
- Leading the creation of the engineering planning at the system level, and directing the planning definition at a lower level.
- Responsible for leading the team across all aspects of the engineering lifecycle - generation of system requirements (from all contributing sources: customer, use cases, modelling, business etc.) through to acceptance and sign-off.
- Ensures that the project and programme governance structure is defined and that the review structure is aligned between programme and project levels for engineering, and with the business (lifecycle) framework.
- Works with the Programme Manager to define and manage the scope within the budget and timescales, and drives the development team accordingly.
- Sets the culture of the development team as delivery focussed, through strong work package management.
- Direct, motivate and provide leadership for the project technical leads and broader engineering team.
- Identify, specify and manage demand for routine and specialist engineering resource.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Design Office, Production Organisation and Maintenance Organisation to ensure that requirements for expertise and support are met.
- Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders.
- Assure the application of the engineering process and procedures and authorised engineering processes and standards within the projects and programme.
- Identifies potential problems / issues within Engineering projects / programs and works to resolve, escalate as appropriate.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to SHE rules and procedures.
- Point of Contact to the Customer Engineering function, managing the relationship and engineering deliverables, conflicts and opportunities.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.