Vulcain Engineering provides Engineering consultancy services across multiple Industry sectors on a global scale. With operations in 36 countries and employing over 1700 staff, our business responds to the needs of our clients by providing expertise in the form of high added value engineering services. By consistently delivering exemplary outcomes for our customers the French owned Vulcain Group has seen steady growth and expansion.
Our success lies in the professional capabilities of the people we hire and our ongoing commitment to providing first class expertise to our clients. It is because of this that our UK business continues to thrive. With a primary focus on the Nuclear Sector, our Technical Communities based in the South West of England are making valuable contributions to the mega-infrastructure, Nuclear New Build project at Hinkley Point C (HPC).
We now have exciting permanent opportunities for motivated and suitably qualified Civil Engineers to join our established teams based in Bristol and site based in Somerset. A highly competitive salary together with other benefits (including relocation assistance) and structured professional development are on offer to the right candidates.
We welcome applications from candidates with a nuclear or complex project background - Bridge construction, Marine & Port, Oil & Gas or other, major/heavy industrial field.
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that consolidates and reinforces your experience to date, then look to join our consulting team at Vulcain Engineering.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Civil Engineering team your responsibilities will be:
- Managing the reinforced concrete design of a part of the project
- Modifying structural designs ensuring compliance with Civil Standards (for example ETC-C, RCC-CW, Eurocodes)
- Controlling the detail design notes and drafts from external design offices
- Maintaining company and customer’s QA procedures in the delivery of the civil design of a nuclear reactor site
- Working with CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawing and models
- Managing engineering changes liaising with steelwork, pipes, electrical, and ventilation interfaces design management teams
- Liaising with the stakeholders of the projects (for example design offices, construction teams, project management)
- Writing related technical documents to support delivery
Qualifications and Knowledge
Successful Civil Engineers will have previously obtained or be working towards the following:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- In the absence of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, significant qualifications in a Civil Engineering field with necessary work experience
- Chartership status or actively undergoing the process for attaining Chartership through a recognised international body.
We would expect successful candidates to have had exposure to the following:
- Projects in high hazard industries including Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Energy, Rail or Bridge or other heavy industrial fields
- Major/high value projects
Our consulting Civil Engineers will be able to demonstrate between 5 and 15 years’ experience within these Sectors and should have or be developing experience with the following:
- Design of concrete structures and buildings
- Detailed design
- Projects dealing with material interfaces
- On-site design support
- Eurocodes OR ETC-C OR RCC-CW
- British Standards and UK practice
We require our Civil Engineers to be conversant with:
- TEKLA Structures or similar software
- PDMS (Plant Design Management System) or similar software
Your Skills, Abilities and Behaviours
In order to succeed, our Consultants should be able to demonstrate:
- An ambition to achieve Chartered Status and development of their career through continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills. These roles will require significant customer interface which means that applicants must communicate in English (verbal and written) at a highly proficient business level
- Strong organisational skills to achieve all requirements to time, cost and quality requirements
- Active listening and communication to ensure tasks are well understood and communicated to management thereby building strong work relationships and trust within teams.
- Questioning attitude to avoid complacency and continuously challenge existing conditions, assumptions, anomalies and activities to identify discrepancies that might result in errors or inappropriate action.
- Personal accountability to take responsibility for work and safety
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in and with multinational teams
- Critical thinking using an open mind to analyse, interpret and explain problems and issues.
- Problem identification and resolution using a systematic rigorous and thorough approach to identify, fully evaluate and promptly address issues commensurate with their significance.
Applicants MUST have the independent rights to live and work in the UK and when requested, MUST have the ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Contact Name:
- Login or register to view
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference:
- Job ID: