Our client is a large international chemical manufacturer with a plant in the North West of England. They are currently looking for a Project Engineering Manager to join the business on a permanent basis.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. There is also an excellent bonus and pension on offer for this position. Other benefits such as health insurance and access to a physiotherapist on the site are also included.
The purpose of the role is to provide direction and support for a multi-disciplined team of engineers, designers and supporting construction contractors. You will prioritise and oversee works for small capital and expense projects, turnaround and outage efforts, and FEL support of minor capital projects.
As a senior member of the team, this position will lead the efforts for the 4 yearly maintenance Turnaround as well as focusing on tactical and strategic issues across the site
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Manage planning, preparation and execution of major Turnaround events.
• Management of annual CAPEX and REVEX budgets with monthly cost forecasting.
• Development and submission of Long Range Capital Plan (LRP) to meet business and plant objectives.
• Responsibility for all project engineering activities adhering to the site Management of Change (MOC) process.
• Ensure strict adherence to project scope, quality, safety, environmental, cost and schedule targets during all phases of the project according to overall project objectives. Provide clear business-related direction and input to the project definition.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project. Prepare and submit monthly reports on the progress and status of the project.
• Establish working relationship with operations and maintenance management needed to facilitate the coordination and execution of project work, such that the operational impact is minimized.
• Participate actively in HAZOPS and P&ID review meetings, initiate scope change requests as needed and communicate scope changes for approval by Process Engineering Manager.
• Oversee workload of engineers, designers and technical support. Manage resourcing levels to meet approved project budgets.
• Direct the final engineering design effort to ensure conformance to process design and project specifications.
• Participate in project post implementation reviews and arrange for relevant information (lessons learned) to be fed back into the Global Project Engineering organization to benefit future project execution.
• Ensure safety and QA/QC programs are established by all parties and maintained. Conduct reviews of detailed design drawing and specifications.
Excellent IT skills – Microsoft packages.
Good understanding and usage of SAP or similar system in the management of project costs.
Ability to organise engineering/contractor resources & activities across all disciplines
Possess a broad understanding of the major design engineering disciplines, i.e., Piping, Equipment, Process, Civil/Structural, Instrumentation, and Electrical
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Related Discipline
Formal Accredited Project Management Qualification
Extensive Maintenance and Engineering experience, preferably 10 years or longer in either the chemical, refinery, or petrochemical industries.
Turnaround and construction management.
Experience of managing an engineering team.
Knowledge of Mechanical Integrity Inspections including PSSR/COMAH.
Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems