Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a Global Manufacturing business who are looking to employ staff within their Sales Team. This business has shown consistent growth and as part of there ongoing strategy they are now looking to refine it's business processes.
The permanent Technical Sales Engineer will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this role and they must have proven experience within a similar sales role, the ability to liaise with business stakeholders and systems developers whilst using your own developed project management skills. The suitable candidate must also be able to work under pressure and deliver to agreed project deadline and react to ad-hoc requests as and when required.
Although its mainly a sales role it’s not your typical call centre type sales role. A typical day will be dealing with inquiries via email or the phone, translating customer specifications to the product range, constructing the quote, checking stock for delivery etc.
The role requires the person to administer their own orders in the main so this means entering the order and issuing a picking ticket to the shop floor and even arranging shipping when required.
It’s a lively role which has purchasing and production elements in it as well. A key part will be product knowledge so plenty of product training will be given, in fact we would place any successful candidate on the shop floor for a period of time and then follow up with training for the sales office systems of work.
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 p/a
Permanent position subject to a 3 month probation period
37 hrs a week
Mon-Thus is 8am to 4:45pm with a 30 min lunch break at 12:30pm, Fri is 8am till 12pm.
25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promptly respond to customer enquiries
- To select and advise customers on suitable product selection
- To prepare commercially accurate quotations from either price Lists or from supplier costs
- To liaise with outside suppliers (when necessary) for ‘bought out’ items on quotes
- To review current stock availability against customer’s requirements and ensure accurate delivery information is provided with the quotation
- To enter customer orders on the computer system and to issue order acknowledgements to our customers
- To provide order/enquiry progress service to customers
- To raise factory purchase orders when required on a sales order and to expedite those orders
- Issue of picking tickets to the shop floor for sales orders
- To administer, raise and control pro-forma invoices and liaise with the accounts department to ensure prompt order completion
- To notify customers who have requested ‘Collection of Goods’ of their availability, advising order references, number of cases, weights and dimensions
- To prepare customer order documentation such as commercial invoices
- Liaise with QA Department to ensure availability of requested certification
- To prepare documentation for export consignments and to liaise with the Chamber of Commerce and/or embassies for certificates of origin, customs clearance forms, export Licences, etc.
- To ship orders and prepare them for invoicing
- Liaise with the accounts department as required
- To process any requested credit notes promptly and accurately
- Archiving, filing and day-to-day administration
- To ensure that a full and professional support is provided to the external sales team
- To assist the production team when required with assembly & test and other duties such as stock take when required
- Travel to Customer’s sites in the UK and Overseas when the need arises.
- All aspects of customer service to ensure customer communication if efficient
- All allocated customer inquiries processed quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Inquiries for product from stock to be quoted on same day of receipt (Key Performance Measure is greater than 75%)
- Sales orders processed quickly, accurately and efficiently to contribute to Key Performance Measure of 97% or higher on time delivery
- Quotation follow-up calls to be carried out for feedback information (quotes from stock to be followed up within 1 week, quotes from non-stock to be followed up within 2 weeks)
If you think this role is right for you, please apply immediately by sending your CV online, or call our office on (phone number removed) if you have any questions.
You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role, and unfortunately are not always able to respond to all applications.