Realisation / Project Engineer – Automation / Manufacturing
Excellent Salary with development opportunities
Hampshire and Hertfordshire
The realisation engineer takes automation engineering accountability to make a new Automated Distribution Centre a reality. They are accountable for the delivery of all central automation aspects (TDI, MSC, and Product Engineering & Engineering Planning). They are the central point for all automation engineering aspects of a new site. This is delivered by using matrix resources from automation engineering teams and working with colleagues in other departments. The implementation (fit out of Automation) wherever the new site is in the world, is covered by our colleagues in Engineering Implementation, with the realisation engineer remaining with the project to ensure full support until ‘go-live’.
- Be the link and liaison between teams based at different locations and time zones
- Communication & reporting across teams and to project stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Ensuring programmes stay on plan especially during technical design and manufacturing phases.
- Ensure projects stay on budget and meet engineering specification
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget; negotiation on costs; contractual arrangements, management of variations, working closely with procurement, finance and admin colleagues
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Support Automation Engineering Implementation
- Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance or international equivalent, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated ACOPs) and internal (CDM15, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty.
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
- Work closely with product engineers who provide product technical detail and support to projects
An Engineering qualification to HND / Degree level
Proven engineering knowledge and project / engineering management experience of a considerable size.
Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware (cranes, conveyors, factory automation etc)
Experience of projects in Material Handling, manufacturing, automotive, airports, Food, FMCG, distribution or similar field
Aptitude to debate detail both technical and commercial detail with internal and external parties
Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with project barriers.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
Ability to monitor, report and communicate progress (or barriers to progress) with variety of stakeholders, both in verbal and written form.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.