Head of Design Engineering for a manufacturing company, The role is based in Merseyside.
Our client a growing manufacturing business based in Merseyside.
Manage and develop the design team and resource to support the continued growth of this safety critical manufacturing business. Establish and ensure compliance to best design practices and procedures that comply with quality standards and support creativity and commercial business needs. Ensure the team remains up-to-date in the latest developments in design, design for manufacture and upholds the company visions and values.
The applicant may or may not be of a senior technical level, applicable technical departmental management is the overriding requirement.
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours)
* Department management experience and a proven track record of this is essential in this field
* Demonstrable experience of managing multi-disciplined engineers, calculation and CAD design teams for fast paced projects is essential.
* If biased in one engineering discipline, show proof that your capable of upskilling to understand, sign off and lead other disciplines within the team is essential.
* Show ability to understand and adapt design and compliance to multi - region design codes and Quality compliance of design work to internal QA/QC standards is essential.
* Previous Design management experience in manufacturing
* Experience of working within a manufacturing or production environment is desirable.
* Creation of manufacture / production drawings and BOMs and the management of these departments
* Experience of design and leadership in a safety critical manufacturing environment
* Working within a safety critical industry desirable.
Skills & Abilities
* Excellent inter-personal skills.
* First class planning & organisational skills.
* Quality focused is essential.
* Willing to team
* Ability to work alone from time to time but also within a team.
* Attention to detail
* Reliable and customer focused attitude (able to handle difficult discussions and customer complaints) is essential.
* A belief in the fact that customers are revenue & everything else is overhead is essential.
* Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values is essential.
* Excited by change and driven to be part of a successful team is desirable
* Willing to challenge colleagues on behaviours to support the core values of the business.
Excellent salary plus benefits