Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
Southampton - ££ competitive salary
Are you a Mechanical Systems Design Engineer with 3D modelling experience using Siemens NX?
Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced and passionate individual to work as a Mechanical Systems Design Engineer to join our team in Southampton.
This role will be based at Southampton and will report directly to the Lead Mechanical Engineer working within an Engineering team. You will assist other members of the design team plus liaise with various departments as and when required.
Responsibilities will include;
- Collating and organising information for the use of the Mechanical and Systems department
- Draught layout systems drawings for production
- Creating and updating parts lists and bills of materials for production and purchasing
- Confer with production personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems and to develop designs
- Assisting the engineering department to ensure efficient methods of production are maintained
- When required, oversee testing, installation and repair of yacht systems
- Collating information for the 'as built' drawing packs
Skills and Abilities;
- Good communication and written presentation skills
- Good knowledge of 3D modelling with Siemens NX
- Knowledge and understanding of Marine Engineering systems
- Current working knowledge of applicable boat design standards, rules and regulations are desirable
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work to demanding schedules
Please apply today to progress your application!