This is an interesting opportunity for a fresh graduate or someone who has recently completed engineering orientated higher education. You will get the chance to experience; design, analysis, time & cost estimation, product support and get the opportunity to support your design through manufacture.
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aerospace and energy markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Survitec operates through two distinct businesses, for Marine and Aerospace & Defence. Together they have over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors.
By setting the global standard in critical safety and survival, Survitec protects over one million lives every day.
The business is currently going through an exciting period of positive change, this opportunity is based in the Defence business.
- Responsible for supporting all engineering efforts for a complex project or project(s) on time and within budget
- Supporting role to review customer specifications and requirements and assist project team to develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Responsible to ensure design compliance with all project requirements.
- Support design reviews.
- Support and coordinate integration & test activities. Interact with test laboratories as necessary to experimentally prove new product developments.
- Support the transition of new products into production.
- Maintain engineering notes, models, records, calculations, and analyses that demonstrate the progression of the product designs.
- Engage in cost estimates for prototype and production parts, building a business case in support of product development activities.
- Evaluate, define and resolve design and manufacturing problems.
- Must be a Graduate or higher - Masters and PhD would be highly desirable - in a relevant field.
- Must have has some level of exposure to system modelling during study.
- Exposure to system modelling (MBSE) tools would also be highly advantageous.
- Must be a good problem solver with a good grasp of mathematics.
- Ability to work at pace and pursue opportunities to add value.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential problems on new products and concepts and develop good corrective actions by following a rigorous problem-solving process.
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded on and reviewed by Michael Page.