Building Services Engineer/M&E Clerk of Works
Job Ref: 20334
We are looking for an experienced Building Services Design Engineer to work in a Clerk of Works capacity on a number of Healthcare projects through the Liverpool area including Merseyside and Cheshire. You will be working for a property company on some high profile projects in need of some close attention from you - an experienced and very knowledgeable engineer. This is an expanding department within this company and the Building Services Engineer/M&E Clerk of Works is the next hire in that process.
As the Building Services Engineer/M&E Clerk of Works you will be responsible for inspecting a wide variety of building services installations, reporting on their completeness, quality, compliance against the design (Works Information), witnessing verifications, testing and commissioning and reviewing all documentation as you go.
The range of services that we would like you to deliver includes:
- Client-side technical support role with commercial acumen and ability to review and challenge
- Design services
- Preparation of performance specifications and drawings
- Evaluation of contractors' design proposals
- Site installation inspections
- Condition Surveys and strategic life cycle appraisals
- Full membership of CIBSE is a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations, HTM Standards and relevant Building Bulletins is required.
- You will be degree qualified relevant to your service bias - mechanical, electrical and public health services and ideally with a base understanding of both mechanical and electrical services.
- Ideally you will have experience working in a similar surveying / design consultancy practice and be familiar with CAD.
Please get in touch with Rob Jones at Calibre Search Manchester for further information.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.