Role: CAD Engineer - Water sector
Rate: £200 - £250 per day - Ltd company or Umbrella
IR35 Status: To be decided
Duration: 6 Months +
Start Date: ASAP
I am looking for a CAD Engineer with experience within the water industry to join one of my busy clients in the North West.
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s
- Preparation of 3D models
- Preparation of site layouts and General Arrangements
- Preparation of pipe work detail drawings and Bills of Material
- The use of Plant P&ID/Plant 3D/Revit/AutoCAD to produce the above models/drawings
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments
Skills and experience:
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential
- Autodesk Revit experience essential
- Autodesk Plant3D experience beneficial
- Knowledge of BS19650 (BIM Standard) workflows – specifically how models/drawings operate under these standards beneficial
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
If you are interested you can apply on online or send your CV to (url removed) and I will call you to discuss
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on (url removed)