Our client, a prestigious manufacturing client, based in Thetford, are currently seeking an experienced, motivated & enthusiastic Design Engineer to join their growing engineering design team.
As the Design Engineer, you will be required to manage all aspects of design projects and work closely with other members of the team as well as other departments.
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Do you have mechanical engineering experience?
- Do you have extensive experience using Creo?
If so, this could be the right role for you!
- Create CAD models and all necessary engineering drawings.
- Carry out physical testing where necessary to prove design concepts.
- Creation of additional technical documentation such as technical manuals.
- Design and develop cost effective solutions on a project by project basis.
- Perform engineering calculations and cost estimates to prove design concepts.
- Optimise designs to suit the available manufacturing processes.
- Carry out cost reduction exercises through redesigning components and/or sub-assemblies to reduce component cost or manufacturing time.
- Integrate combinations of our existing product range together with proprietary sub-systems to produce complete vehicles.
- Produce bills of materials for sub-assemblies and complete vehicles.
- Produce hydraulic and electrical diagrams.
- Produce and maintain all necessary project documentation.
The successful candidate will have Mechanical Engineering experience using Creo, ideally 6 AAX, MRP / ERP systems and 3D Design Software.
This is truly an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to construct 3D CAD models, technical drawings, engineering calculations and report preparation for a forward-thinking engineering organisation.
The ideal candidate will have experience with fabrication, welding and sheet metal, you will also have excellent communication skills and be motivated to meet deadlines independently or as part of a team.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, to grow with a company, please email your CV across to us today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd