Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection.
About the Role
The successful candidate will provide support to Engineers and Senior Engineers within the design team; and help drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception through to detailed design and construction support.
Typically, the role will involve:
- Assist with technical delivery of Highway projects
- Produce project layouts, sketches, cross-sections and details using AutoCAD
- Assist Engineers and Senior Engineers in the appraisal of engineering problems, production of options and solutions
- Ensure work is technically accurate, in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Site visits and surveys, inspections and data collection
- Assist with feasibility studies, inspections, assessments, technical reports and other written documents, ensuring compliance with Pell Frischmann procedures
- Guide junior staff in the production of high-quality drawings and sketches
- Plan and manage your work to meet project needs
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- BSc/MSc or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered/Incorporated status
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in civil engineering design
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
- Use of applications for the design of traffic signs, road markings and drainage
- Hold a valid UK driving license
What’s in it for you?
Pell Frischmann can offer you interesting and challenging projects within a team that is friendly, supportive, capable, ambitious and growing. The Luton office provides a flexible working environment where drive and ability can be rewarded with quick progression. We also make sure that everyone who joins us has a work-life balance that suits them. Our offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave (plus buy and sell)
- A range of other salary sacrifice benefits
- A range of training opportunities
- Pensions scheme
- Paid professional subscriptions