We are currently looking for CNC Setter Operators to join our rapidly expanding client in Bedford on a permanent basis.
As a CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will set and operate a cell of CNC and manual machines, to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
Summary of Duties The CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will:
• Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment and return upon completion of job.
• Mark out if required, load and unload components manually or by jib crane to work piece chucks or fixtures. Set correctly and secure.
• Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations. Set gearshaper m/c.
• Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gearshaper.
• Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment and gauges, to ensure components meet inspection standards.
• Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out.
• Report to supervision any machine tool or measuring instrument defect to minimise scrap and downtime.
• Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
• Liase with Production Engineering, Quality and Supervision in problem solving and determining maximum efficiency.
• To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the value Stream Manager.
Skills/Experience requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Working to engineering drawings
• Good manual dexterity
• Experience with CNC machines
• Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
• Good attention to detail
• A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
Minimum Requirements In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
• Previous experience with CNC Machines
Shifts are 6am – 2.30pm (Mon – Thurs) and 6am – 10.30am (Fri) and 2.30pm – 11.pm (Mon – Thurs) and 10.30am – 3pm (Fri). You would need to be able to work both shifts. 37 hours per week.
Competitive salary with discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday.
Apply now or send your CV to (url removed)