We have a permanent opportunity located in the Widnes area for a Chemical Maintenance Engineer. This opportunity is Mon – Friday 6am – 2pm and is within a production company that specialises in chemicals and sealants for the construction industry. As a Chemical Engineer, you are responsible for maintenance on-site and activities that require support plant operations. This is a very hands-on role and will involve covering other roles and carrying out maintenance on machines when required. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer currently working within the Chemical industry looking for that next step in their career.
Role and responsibilities for a Chemical Engineer
- Report incidents and complete relevant documentation and procedures for corrective actions
- Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures
- Minimise breakdown periods by ensuring all chemical equipment maintenance is completed effectively and efficiently
- Ensure instruments are calibrated
- Responsible for the engineering and contractors, ensuring all projects and tasks are completed safely, efficiently and to a high standard at all times.
- Carry out all inspections
- Organise surveys to ensure compliance with regulations (Noise, Legionella dust etc.)
- Managed and implement new refurbishment and engineering projects
- Raise and approve all Safe Systems Of Work and Permits To Work
- Ensure all goods are managed on SAP
- Respond to Emergency Alarms within silent hours
- Provide cover for Plant Manager, Plant Support and Production Planner when required
Skills and experiences
- Competent in raw materials,chemicals, semi-finished goods management on SAP
- Experienced with the production processes and products
- Fault finding and problem-solving for breakdowns
- Managements of engineers and contractors
- HNC/HND in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
If you feel that your skills and experiences match those of the position then please click apply.
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants, only those that are shortlisted for this position will be contacted.