Role: Principal Structural Engineer
Award winning, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with a nationwide reputation require a Principal Structural Engineer to join their developing building structures team in central Birmingham. My client has a substantial portfolio including some of the UK's most iconic structures in a number of sectors including Commercial, Residential, Healthcare and Education.
They are looking to recruit an ambitious Principal structural engineer to develop and lead a team of structural engineers and graduates on projects based in the UK including a large city centre redevelopment, healthcare and schools. They work alongside some of the biggest commercial and steel framing developers in the West Midlands, helping them establish some of the highest profile schemes.
* Work competently on an independent basis in conjunction with other design teams.
* Ability to develop client relationship
* Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design.
* Prepare Technical Specifications.
* Mentor and assist graduates.
* A minimum of 4 years design experience on medium to large scale buildings.
* Chartered or approaching a membership of a professional institution.
* Extensive design experience in a variety of building materials and sectors.
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline.
* Post-graduate degree or Masters qualified ideally.
* Chartered or Approaching Chartership with an engineering body.
The Principal Structural Engineer will be expected to lead a team of less experience engineers and technicians and help them along the projects but will also give you the autonomy to lead your own projects too.
If this is something that could possibly be of interest to you then please do not hesitate to give me a call on (phone number removed) and ask for Will.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.