Excellent opportunity for a qualified Structural Design Engineer to join a well-established company in North West London
The office environment has an open, fast-paced, friendly and multicultural environment: the company promote equality and sharing knowledge providing continuous improvement.
The role will involve working on and leading various high-end residential, commercial and new developments. Ideal candidate would lead the structural engineering tasks of our day to day projects as well as providing technical advice. Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects/architectural designers. Occasional site visit may be required for monitoring and inspecting the works carried out on site.
Who we're looking for:
- Managing drawing revisions
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Task management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence, financial awareness and the ability to strike a balance between internal and external resources.
- Supervise a small team of Architects/Architectural Designers, reviewing and commenting on the deliverables produced at key stages through a project.
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups and team meetings and set an example to all staff by demonstrating compliance with the company’s procedures and policies and operate within the company controls.
Key competencies required include:
- Chartered or near Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing;
- Have a commercial and residential understanding of an engineering consultancy.
- All round experience in building structures including load bearing masonry and framed structures,
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients).
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions.
- Proven UK design experience utilising British Standards
- Self-motivated and capable of supporting/working within an existing team
Due to the fast growth of the business, serious career progression opportunities are available for the suitable candidate.