As Graduate Civil Design Engineer you will be working with one of NI's most esteemed and well thought of multi-disciplinary consultancy practices who are involved in major projects within the Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering sectors. Due to recent project awards and continued growth they require a Civil Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in their Belfast office.
As a Civil Engineer you will be involved in the design of major Marine / Heavy Civil projects including Harbours, Rivers and Coastal Engineering. Employee career development is at the core of this company and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary.
As a member of the Marine Civil Engineering Team and under the guidance of senior team members you will undertake the following duties:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of Marine engineering work using AutoCAD software.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a minimum 2:1 degree in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering.
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar design role working on Marine / Heavy Civil / Structural projects which can include a placement year.
- Working towards Chartership.
- Previous design office experience.
- Excellent communications skills in particular report writing.
- Experience of AutoCAD.
To apply for this "Graduate Civil Engineer" role please select the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne or Michael on 0(phone number removed).
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.