Job Title: Field Engineer (Belfast)
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Field Engineer will ensure the delivery of Leakage Reduction within the Northern Ireland Water area.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is maintained, upholding RPS Company Policy at all times
- Achieving KPI targets and delivering leakage detection/reduction within DMA’s
- Carrying out BEST observations.
- Attending excavations requested by R&M to assist leak location
- Undertaking training and completing risk assessments and method statements when necessary
- Training and mentoring assistant leakage Technicians
- Ensuring clients leakage targets are achieved and performance is maintained
- Attending monthly team briefs and tool-box talks
- Assuming responsibility for general admin tasks, i.e. electronic timesheets submissions, weekly vehicle checks and defect reporting
- Forming and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues, other contractors and the client.
- At least 2 years in similar role
- Be able to interpret and understand water network schematics and plans
- Good all round knowledge of Water Network Hydraulics, Leakage Detection Techniques, Monitoring and reporting of Leakage Levels and other issues associated with the Clean Water Industry
- Good understanding of Leak Noise Correlators
- Utility tracing
- Step-testing planning/operation
- Noise logging
- Knowledge and experience of leakage monitoring – Pressure/Flow
- To have the intellect and ability to quickly learn new theories, techniques and working methods associated with duties and tasks
- The ability to follow procedures and instructions
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills to enable effective communication with internal and external colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience of flow data capture techniques and methods
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
- Team player, flexible, co-operative attitude to working and giving and receiving help