Omexom is a brand through which VINCI Energies undertakes it’s Transmission & Distribution activities. Omexom specialise in the design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland.
Working within the Engineering Department, you will be required to produce high quality CAD drawings relating to electrical schematic and wiring diagrams including control cubicle General Arrangements for High Voltage Substation protection and control systems.
The successful applicant will assist in all design office activities associated with ongoing projects. They will be responsible for ensuring that CAD System Quality Standards meet all client and industry requirements, while also maintaining and updating CAD Library files. They will also ensure all design activities comply with relevant legislation and industry standards.
Essential Skills and Competencies, you must be able to demonstrate:
• Possession of relevant CAD qualification.
• A least five years experience in a CAD environment.
• A detailed knowledge of CAD Systems and their applications
• High level of problem solving skills together with the strength of character to act on the technical decisions they make.
• They are highly motivated with the desire to develop their skills and career within an electrical utility contracting environment.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to manage workloads effectively and deliver work within allocated timescale.
• A strong safety ethos with an appreciation of CDM 2017 regulations.
• Possession of a relevant electrical / electronic engineering qualification.
• Previous experience of using CAD within a relevant electrical design / project delivery environment.
• Previous experience in the layout of primary equipment within a High Voltage Substation environment would be an advantage
Remuneration package associated with this position will be on a Personal Contract basis and will be commensurate with a position at this level. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Medicash healthcare plan
- Bonus scheme
- Share save scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- 40 hours per week