Senior Mechanical Engineer
Nationwide Engineering and Environmental Consultancy Practice are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer for their Waterford Office. Established in excess of 40 years ago, this Engineering and Environmental Consultancy are experienced in working on many varied construction projects across every industry, both private and public contracts.
Future Potential of this role:
- This is an ideal role for a high calibre Mechanical Engineer with strong project experience in the delivery of food and beverage or pharmaceutical projects and with the ambition and potential to develop into a member of the management team contributing to the effective management of the company including participation in the planning and execution of its strategic direction.
The purpose of this role is:
- You will be responsible for providing key engineering design and project management expertise to ensure the optimum delivery of our Clients’ projects.
- You will be involved in all stages of the project lifecycle, from inception and design, contractor procurement, through to construction stage,, commissioning and handover
- Working with multidisciplinary engineering teams, you will co-ordinate work schedules to ensure that projects are delivered to the required technical quality, within budget and to the agreed timescales.
- The role will also involve client relationship management, including the implementation of the Company’s strategy in relation to the retention of existing business and the generation of new business
Key Qualifications & Skills:
Role requires an outgoing and confident professional who combines effective interpersonal skills with technical excellence and strong IT capability. The ideal candidate will have:
- Chartered Engineer status
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in the food and beverage or pharmaceutical processing industries (or similar e.g. healthcare), e.g. standards, legislation, specifications.
- Min of 10 years’ experience with a proven track record in leading and managing projects in process industries.
- Possess up to date knowledge of current trends in the food and beverage or pharmaceutical processing industries.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a consistent track record of initiative and achievement, with the ability to represent the Company at business presentations.
- Be confident with an approachable style and a track record as a target driven self-starter and achiever with the ability to get the job right first time.
Why you should consider moving to the Sunny South East of Ireland
- Excellent employers with excellent potential to grow your career
- Quality of life, Traffic congestion is minimal
- Affordable houses to purchase and rent
- You will be living near the coast, all sea activities and sports on your doorstep
- Excellent choice of schools
- Welcoming communities