The success story of our long-established, family-owned company started already in 1929 in Japan. Today, Yazaki is the number one in the global automotive wiring harness market and supplier of innovative solutions to all major car manufacturers worldwide.
More than 280,000 committed and highly motivated employees at 478 locations in 45 countries contribute to Yazaki’s global success.
We are currently recruiting for permanent EDS Harness Design Engineer’s to be based in our Coventry office and the Customer site. The main focus of the role is to provide the design interface between first tier and OEM automotive engineering centres based in UK. Working as part of a small team of design engineers in the collection & assimilation of data to enable electrical distribution systems (EDS) to be designed, verified and validated whilst ensuring customer satisfaction throughout.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide the design expertise ensuring best practice solutions required to achieve all programme EDS design deliverables.
· To carry out concept design studies utilising CAE tools and physical bucks
· Prepare accurate & timely Harness drawings for release into customers system and 1st tier plants
· Carry out and participate on site evaluation of product at vehicle assembly plants
· Support all testing activities
· Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customer
· Be responsible for receiving, monitoring and providing customer responses and actions
· Work to project-timing plans for communication to customer
· Support APQP activities where required
· Obtain, implement specifications Measurement and reporting of progress against the project plan
· Measure and report progress clearly and effectively against the project plan.
· Manage any project deviations
· Identify and immediately report any major roadblocks to your line management with a recommended course of action.
· Prior practical design experience with a 1st tier EDS supplier
· CAD experience. (CATIA V5, Auto Cad as required)
· Team Centre trained and qualified
· EDS manufacturing experience combined with DFM.
· Working knowledge of GPMS, DVP, FMEA and APQP.
· Conversant with quality systems such as Q1, QS9000 & TS 16949.
· Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
· Previous systems experience of WERS, AIMS and ECR’s
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Very good communication skills combined with a high degree of self-motivation and self-confidence are absolutely necessary.
· Must be able to use own initiative and happy to make decisions.
· Positive attitude with a good ability to deal with work pressure and overcoming challenges, while maintaining ownership of issues.
· Well-developed analytical ability with a passion for solving problems or initiating improvements.
· High degree of functional and time-related flexibility is essential.
· Ability to progress chase, manage deadline expectations, report progress & flag areas of concern
· Ability to be flexible regarding working hours and location
· Fluent in English language
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Right to work in the UK – Valid Passport
Please note that Yazaki do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive reward package and continuous personal development within a global leading organisation.
· Competitive Salary
· Pension Scheme
· BUPA Private Healthcare including Medical cash plan
· Life Assurance
· 25 Holidays (Plus the bank holidays)
· Training and Development Opportunities
· Rewards and benefits schemes
Please use the link below to be re-directed to our careers page in order to complete our online application
All the best in your application
Please note that due to the excessive number of applications we are unable to respond to all, if you do not receive any correspondence in the first 2 weeks unfortunately you have not been selected for the selection process therefore we wish you all the success in finding the right career for you.