This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Design Engineer to join a growing company where you can learn a variety of skills with lots of opportunity to develop.
- Design & Development of new products, product ranges, parts, sub-assemblies, special variants of existing products, as may be required
- Production of 2D & 3D CAD drawings/models of new products, product ranges, parts, sub-assemblies, special variants of existing products, fabrication drawings, sales & marketing drawings and other drawings as may be required to the agreed ISO and quality standards.
- Modification of existing products/drawings.
- Storage of drawings inline with company procedures.
- Research and specify suitable proprietary parts.
- Production of bill of materials (BOM).
- Visiting customer or supplier premises as may be required.
- Follow HSE machinery safety standards.
- Machinery Risk Assessment and EHSR for new and existing equipment.
- Change control - follow company process for drawing and BOM updates.
- Liaise directly with the Technical Director and Project Managers to specify and agree design ideas and suitable suppliers and components.
- Liaise with external suppliers and sub-contractors
- Compile and maintain information for the machinery technical file.
- Production of machinery operation and maintenance manuals.
- Production of CE documentation including serial numbers, CE stickers and Declaration of Conformity.
- Production of ATEX documentation, stickers and Declaration of Conformity.
- Photograph completed machinery for the user manual and future reference.
- Production of 'best known method' (BKM) documents to assist customers/production with part identification, maintenance or fitting.
What we are looking for…
- Engineering Degree
- Some experience in a design engineer role (Placements/work experience valid)
- Proficient in a solid modelling packages producing 3D CAD models, assemblies and production of engineering drawings (e.g. Inventor, Solidworks, PTC Creo, AutoCAD, Fusion 360).
- Self-driven, adaptable, capable of self-managing projects & liaise with team to meet deadlines/deliverables of the company.
- Experience in Hydraulics, Pneumatics or pumping applications.
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis in design work
- Design background
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.