Morson Projects provides quality driven engineering services to a wide range of industrial sectors.
Morson Projects is part of The Morson Group, a company in the UK with a turnover in excess of £866million. We have been established since 1969 and have 50 UK offices as well as 13 global offices
Morson Projects are a recognised Engineering business and a market leader in their field; The right Graduate Design Engineer for this role will be given full autonomy to make key decisions within the business and will also benefit from industry leading training and development, with excellent opportunities for future career progression. You will also benefit from fantastic benefits and company incentives. For more information on Morson Projects please visit: (url removed)
We are currently seeking a Graduate Design Engineer to be an integral part of our Marine Engineering team. Based at our Hillend site in Fife, Scotland where we are delivering Structural Design work packages in conjunction with our Defence Clients.
The Graduate Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team, working closely with experienced Engineers. The successful Graduate Design Engineer will be assisting to the development of new products and modifications.
- Initial Scope - Structures, Piping and Layouts
- Key responsibilities include Design work on 3D Modelling & 2D drawing in Foran
- The role is at the forefront of the Morson Marine Strategy and will allow the successful candidate to be part of the team that further develops our footprint in this sector
Due to the nature of the projects worked on - the Graduate must be able to be security vetted to UK SC level
Qualifications/ Skills / Experience
- Relevant Engineering Marine, Mechanical or Aerospace degree
- Confidence to communicate over the phone
- Ambitious driven attitude
- Great attention to detail is essential
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and prioritise issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good time management skills and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst remaining part of the team
- Ability to work accurately and quickly, following established processes and procedures, remaining calm under pressure
- Proficient with CAD packages (AutoCAD/Foran/Windchill) although training will be given for the right candidate
- Desirable - 6 months industry experience/placement