Senior Structural Engineer, London, £40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits and profit share. This is a fascinating role with a well-established, niche structural engineering practice that is renowned for its innovative approach and commitment to sustainable design. Often using the latest materials, their approach puts sustainability at the forefront and they have consequently received many awards and commandments for their groundbreaking approach to complex projects in both the commercial and public sectors.
The role is due to expansion and requires an experienced Structural Engineer with at least five years' experience within structural engineering, ideally working for a smaller multi-discipline practice where you are involved in many different aspects of projects.
The role is highly varied and 'hands-on' which needs someone that has managed multiple projects and can manage technicians and engineers to work within budgets. The position also has involvement in the direction of the more comprehensive business strategy and a profit share forms part of the package.
* You must be a graduate in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, ideally at Masters level.
* You must have a great understanding of structural engineering principles and be highly competent in producing 2D and 3D structural drawings
* A knowledge of both Revit and AutoCAD, or similar, is required but you must also be highly competent in using structural analysis software.
* You will be a very competent user of Excel to manipulate data and produce calculations.
* You will be a great communicator with a natural flair for getting individuals to work together as a team
* You will have a mentoring and coaching style to people management and encourage collaborative working.
* Some understanding of managing budgets and monitoring compliance will also be useful.
* Of paramount importance, you will be committed to continuous development and enjoy the challenge of innovation and using new materials.
To apply email (url removed)
Key words: Senior structural engineer, structural engineering, civil engineer, civil engineering, AutoCaD, Revit, Oasys GSA, structural analysis, ICE, IStructE, consultancy, engineering practice, design software, analysis software, engineering, Degree, Masters Degree, principal structural engineer.