This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a well-established and growing regional team of local environmental professionals. The Belfast geo-environmental team provide contaminated land and hydrogeological consultancy services for a broad range of private and public sector clients, working through-out Northern Ireland.
About the role:
The role of Consultant will be to help develop and support the senior Belfast team with land quality projects. These range from desk based / environmental due diligence assessments, designing, managing and interpreting site investigations to risk assessment reporting and from environmental liability management consultancy to remediation strategy/design, management and verification.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Working under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of Phase 1 and 2 Contaminated Land/Land Quality assessments and site investigations; along with all associated factual and interpretative report writing and preparation.
- Undertaking intrusive ground investigations, including supervision of window sampling crews, machine excavated trial pits and cable percussion boreholes. Ability to log to BS:5930 advantageous but not essential as training will be given;
- Post site work groundwater and gas monitoring;
- Supervision and validation of remediation works;
- Liaison of analytical laboratories and scheduling of chemical analysis;
- Preparation of interpretive generic, semi detailed and quantitative risk assessment reports;
- Undertaking Hazard Assessments to classify waste soils requiring off site disposal using commercial assessment models;
- To assist senior staff in developing proposals for ground investigations
- You will also help assist in the collation of all project related health and safety information in line with project requirements.
- You will have experience in Phase 1 and 2 contaminated land assessments including management and supervision of site investigations and ideally with some experience of ground or groundwater remediation including supervision of remediation works.
- You will have a first degree in geology, environmental science or related subject and preferably a Masters degree in contaminated land, environmental science, hydrogeology, engineering geology or a related subject.
- You will demonstrate an aptitude for continued learning and career development, as a member of a relevant professional organisation.
- Confident communicator (written and verbal)
- You must be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
- You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to mentor, encourage and support other team members.
- Full, current UK driving license
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.