CAD Technician - Electrical Engineering
RPS are seeking an Electrical Engineering CAD Technician to join our progressive and dynamic design business in delivering complex solutions for our clients.
As an Electrical Engineering CAD Technician at RPS, you will be joining our Aviation Team in Newark at an exciting time and assist us in progressing significant plans for growth with an exciting pipeline of prospects and opportunities for airside infrastructure projects in 2020 and beyond - This includes continued work with leading UK airports.
You will be involved in developing projects related to Airside Systems ranging from Airfield Lighting Systems, Substations, Lightning Protection and Grounding Systems along with other special systems relating to airfield infrastructure. This is a progressive role for the right individual looking to build a career in this dynamic sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
- Capable of producing drawings and simple schematic electrical panel
- Capable to provide General Arrangement layout, lighting layout, small power layout, ducting etc.
- Have a working knowledge of British Drafting Standards
- Have a working knowledge of the most common electrical symbols
- Be able to use Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook
- Be able to use AutoCAD
- Experience in the Aviation sector would be an advantage.
- Experience of Revit models would be preferable
Education & Experience:
- Experience as a CAD technician with experience of electrical based projects
- Higher National Diploma (minimum)
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including:25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,100 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.