Engineering Manager (Refrigeration & AC Biased)
We are working with a well-established Nottinghamshire based Refrigeration and Air Conditioning company. They have been established for over 40 years, and have supplied their services to the commercial and industrial sectors covering design, installation, service and maintenance.
Our client is currently looking to recruit for an engineering manager from an air conditioning and refrigeration industry background.
The role will be based in Mansfield, and the successful candidate will responsible for managing a team of engineers covering a broad range of refrigeration and air conditioning services for clients across the Midlands.
Engineering Manager Overview:
- Allocate jobs to Engineers maximising available engineers and resources (materials, semi-skilled labour, plant, access equipment, etc.) to complete the work on a “first-time fix” basis.
- Carry out site surveys and submit quotations for works with new or existing customers.
- Ensure jobs are completed fully and follow up any further works highlighted on job sheets.
- Stock ordering and associated paperwork
- Project management for larger projects, from inception to completion. Managing all budgets, site operations and labour requirements.
- Ensure works are carried out within current Health & Safety guidelines.
- Take part in disciplinary investigations and hearings
- Utilise information provided by the Cold Store Operators, Engineers and Administration Manager
- Respond to out of hours calls (on-call)
- Provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced engineers and technical support/information to customers.
- Identify and actively pursue new business - from existing or new customers and in line with existing working practices and geographical limits.
- Hold regular review/planning meetings with the Managing Director and Administration Manager.
- Previous experience as a service supervisor or similar management position in the HVAC industry.
- Experience working with commercial and industrial scale refrigeration and air conditioning systems:
- Refrigeration systems will include; bottle coolers, undercounter and upright fridges/freezers, display counters/cabinets, drugs fridges, ice machines, cellar coolers, walk-in cold rooms, mortuaries, etc
- Air Conditioning Systems will include; Splits, VRVs, VRFs, fan coil units and air handling units, Chiller units etc
- C&G 2079 F Gas or equivalent
- NVQ level 2 in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, or C&G/HNC (building services) or equivalent
- Full driving license
The below will be beneficial:
- Knowledge or experience of other natural refrigerants and secondary systems.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Ammonia, CO2 and/or Hydrocarbon Safe Handling qualification.
- IOSH Working Safely qualification or CSCS card (or equivalent).
- IEE 17th Edition qualification.
Engineering Manager Package
- Salary: Circa £40,000 (Negotiable depending on experience)
- Company vehicle, PDA, fuel card
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance programme
- Company pension
- 28 days holiday inclusive of statutory
If you are interested in the Engineering Manager role then please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell on (phone number removed)