We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering team based in our Belfast office, which also specialises in geoenvironmental work. The projects include a wide range of civil engineering sectors including highways, waste, structures and water.
- Delivery of geotechnical work packages.
- Undertaking geotechnical calculations including settlement assessments, slope stability analysis and seepage analysis.
- Use of software such as Slope/W, Seep/W and Holebase.
- Development and management of geotechnical & geo-environmental desk studies
- Specification, contract management and site supervision of ground investigations
- Preparation/ checking of BS EN 1997 compliant Geotechnical Design Reports (GDR).
- Laboratory test scheduling and reporting
- Knowledge and experience of geo-environmental engineering and aspects of contaminated land.
- Provide support to writing project proposals and business development.
- BEng/MEng Honours degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology or Geology. Post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering would be an advantage.
- Chartered or approaching CEng status with ICE/EI or equivalent professional organisation and/ or CGeol status.
- All-round technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering;
- Ability to progress schemes from inception to design completion;
- Experience of ground investigation supervision;
- The ability to produce accurate and well-presented reports
- Excellent Communications skills, with the ability to communicate with clients and other professionals
- A full driving licence
- Experience of slope stability, earthwork, foundation and retaining wall design would be an advantage.
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
22 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Health screening, Professional Membership.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 consultants and service providers. Located in 125 countries across all six continents we define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
We stand out for our clients by using deep expertise to solve problems that matter, making them easy to understand and by being easy to work with.
Our Northern Ireland Office, situated in Belfast, employs over 200 staff and has been providing services to the UK and Ireland for the past 70 years. We offer a wide range of opportunities, in a dynamic work place, where achievements are rewarded, and progress encouraged. As one of Ireland’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies, we are working on many high-profile Planning, Structural and Fire Engineering, Water, Waste, Transport, Project Management and Environment projects and require innovative and motivated staff.