I am currently recruiting for a Project EC&I Engineer for a global Chemical Manufacturing client based in Liverpool.
My client are a fantastic organisation who really cherish there employees. They are ideally looking for the suitable candidate to start ASAP however they are willing to wait for the right individual. While working on site you will be reporting to the Head of Projects you will also have 2 direct reports and 6 indirect reports.
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic/Control Engineering working towards chartered status
- Familiar with the practical application of relevant Standards, Directives ,Codes of practices and guidelines including industry legislation and industry best practice.
- Experience of Control Systems Eurotherm, Yokogawa Allan Bradley & SCADA Systems advantageous. Use of AutoCAD R14 or higher, MS Office inc MS Project
- Experience in chemical plant EI/I design engineering both from an office and on the plant. Comfortable with handling detail
- Multiple years' experience in the Chemical/Petrochemical industry or similar, ideally within a Plant Engineering/Technician role or Design Engineering within relevant discipline.
- Practical, can do approach coupled with strong technical knowledge. Hands on approach - capable of delivering work themselves as well as through others
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Hours: 38 per week normally 8.30 - 4.50
Bonus: on target 4% depending on personal and business performance this can move up to 30%
Holidays: 25 per year plus bank holidays. These increase to 28.
Pension: on joining 5% / 5%, after probation period, this can move up to 10% / 15%
Death in Service: 6 x salary payable to beneficiaries
Protection: Company sick pay runs out, this can be up to 50% of salary
Healthcare: taxable benefit for employee, can add spouse/partner/children
- Support and engage in, Process and workplace SHE, specifically the major accident hazards (COMAH) and Basis of Safety areas
- Low Voltage (up to 415V) Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering expertise to the Business Units to operate in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain and develop future Site E&IC Standards / Codes of Practice
- Identify capital and revenue investment requirements in relation to the E&IC equipment and systems installed within the site. Ensure safety, equipment fit-for-purpose, energy efficiency and cost effectiveness is maintained and where possible make continuous improvements this includes the preparation of technical justification.
- Identify and Implement technologies for new applications & upgrades.
- Design approved procedures to minimise potential major process accident hazards.
- Scope, Specify & Produce detailed design packages to facilitate Installation by contract personnel including;
Instrument & Systems
Low Voltage Electrical Installations
AutoCAD Release 14 or Higher
ATEX, SIL & LOPA Installations
- Have experience with DCS/PLC/SCADA and other control systems - Currently include: Yokogawa, Eurotherm, Rockwell (Allen Bradley), Red Lion, & Siemens
- Authorized Site Approver for E&I Systems, Design Packages & Handover Documentation created by Project E&I + Systems Engineering Team
- Authorized Signatory for E&IC Aspects of Change Control
- E&IC Technical knowledge to Change Control, HAZOP, SIL & LOPA Assessment teams
- Problem solving and technical support to Project, Operations and Maintenance Team.
- Day to day planning and organization of Project E&I Design & Installation Team.
- Deliver E/I Capex/Decom Projects in support of EP Site continuous improvement from concept through to commissioning and handover.
- Support ongoing Knowledge Management, Quality Improvement and cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) programs.
- Development of staff through relevant personal assessments, development of technical competencies and promotion of teamwork within, and between, teams
If you believe you would be a good fit for this role please don't hesitate to get in touch.