The role requires technical and financial project management in the production of data to ensure accurate and efficient project delivery.
1. Safety & Environment: Responsible for own health and safety and designing within current industry guidelines and business requirement
* Responsible for ensuring CDM designer duties are discharged through any elements under your control
* Develop and maintain project related Health and Safety strategies including risk assessments, ensure team comply with PPE requirements as necessary
* Direct design team follows procedures to ensure safety, sustainability and compliance is not compromised.
* Support the Principal Engineer / Project Design Manager in leading a delivery team for a range of Water and / or Wastewater projects.
Key Accountabilities include:
* Technical guidance / leadership to the project team
* Liaison, report preparation checker or approver if necessary
* Support of financial management of projects to ensure cost effective delivery
* Management of sub-contractors including supplier selection, performance appraisal and invoice approval.
* Provide guidance to, and manage the work of Assistant and Graduate Engineers and Technicians working on the same projects.
* Stakeholder management to ensure "buy in" and understanding of project / tasks * Produce design plans estimating time to carry out specific tasks in discussion with PDL and PM community. Responsible for the gathering, production and assimilation of information to assist in preparing designs.
* Accurate Report preparation
* Responsible for undertaking quality assurance checks including datasheets, calculations, etc
* Resolution of complex design problems.
* Work may require travel in the UK to office and / or sites
* Undertake own continuing professional development under guidance from line managers
* Carryout research and review research information to assist in promoting continuous improvement.
* Provide instructions to team members
* Line management responsibilities for team including continual professional development, and control of staff resources within the business to ensure project delivery
* Work within a multidisciplinary project team.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to junior staff as appropriate
5. Financial & Commercial
* Prepare financial data to assist others in making business decisions.
* Ensure lowest whole life cost and TOTEX solutions are delivered to outperform the business plan.
* Ability to analyse/assimilate financial information to make business decisions & cases.
* Negotiating and influencing with senior internal and external stakeholders.
* Deliver required work to required timescales.
* Ensure design programme is achievable, provide early warning of delays and ensure designs are delivered on time.
* Follow procedures to ensure designs are aligned with customer expectations to ensure outcomes and promises are kept.
* MEng/BEng/BSc or HNC in an Engineering, Environmental or numerate science related subject.
* Achieved professional membership of a relevant institution or significantly progressed towards this.
* Proven and demonstrable technical background in delivering water and / or wastewater projects within the UK Water Industry (or comparable country / industry) to time, budget and in compliance with quality safety and environmental procedures.
* Sound working knowledge of water industry and solution development and design. Understand the why not just the principles.
* Detailed understanding of the engineering theory and principles relevant to their particular discipline.
* Full driving licence.
* Competent in MS Office
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative on technical matters
* Understands others' roles within the team, the role and objectives of the team in the business and can explain these clearly. Co-operates with other areas in the wider interests of the business.
* Identifies causes and effects by thinking through different options in order to prioritise issues. Uses common sense or previous experience to deal with new problems or situations which may arise.
* Seeks and uses ideas from team members to improve work. Works co-operatively with other teams/areas to achieve business aims.
* Participates in teams and groups and co-operates with others. Listens effectively. Interested to hear the views of others.
* Demonstrates confidence in own ability. Makes timely decisions in a self-assured way and justifies them if necessary. Makes sure others are very clear about own stance or position.
* Implements plans and holds self fully accountable for delivering short-term business requirements by prioritising effectively
* Recognises the need and value for training and development, for both self and others.
* Presents ideas and views at face value. Assumes ideas should stand on their own merit.
* Seeks to improve performance by setting specific, measurable goals.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.