Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with experience of the Telecoms industry.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive RF In building Design Knowledge and implementation of DAS
- Proven knowledge and experience in producing a wide variety of cellular in-building designs (Pico cell fed passive and active DAS, cell enhancer fed DAS, Femto / Small Cells.
- Ability to oversee the most cost-effective design solutions to suit technical requirements
- Proficiency with various design packages: iBwave, Enterprise Planner etc
- Experienced at producing detailed design drawings, system schematics, system link budgets, ICNIRP assessments
- Thorough understanding of GSM, UMTS, PMR,W-LAN, LTE
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Commercial awareness and ability – ability to excel in client-facing situations
- Be known and respected in the Industry for excellence
- Team Leadership and Management experience.
About the position
We are looking for an outstanding Engineering Manager to join our client's dynamic and friendly company based in Egham, Surrey.
To lead, manage and inspire the Engineering function, with the aim that the company are considered leaders in our field. Collaborate cross-functionality with the other delivery functions in developing a team ethos of right first time.
- Manage, motivate and inspire the Engineering Team to ensure all works are completed to the agreed quality standards as advised by the company's customers or management team and within agreed SLA’s.
- Manage the allocation of all Engineering resource, ensuring a balanced approach is taken across all resource to support the delivery of works ensuring SLA’s are met without compromising quality or margin contribution.
- Ensure quality is at the forefront of a right-first-time approach, develop a cross-functional quality control process which clearly provides feedback into the team and across the business.
- Develop and maintain a training matrix encompassing health and safety requirements which supports career development and clearly offers career progression for all staff.
- Ensure a collaborative approach is taken when working cross-functionality with other teams ensuring the delivery of all agreed documentation is provided in a timely manner allowing for the company to achieve its SLA’s.
- Support to the Senior PM’s by providing a technical interface into the company's customers.
The company is a leading system integrator, designing, installing and integrating mobile systems in the UK for the mobile network operators, enterprise and third-party providers. They have been and continue to be involved in the provision of wireless systems to all types of building environment including large corporate headquarters; sports stadia and exhibition centres; airports; train stations; shopping centres; hotels and high-end luxury apartment developments.