Graduate Engineer (Mechanical and Electrical Building Services)
This role is to join a large consultancy in over 200 locations around the world. They are involved in some of most complex and extensive projects. They cover hundreds of disciplines across a spectrum of services including Building Services Engineering, Structures & Civil Engineering, Energy & Sustainability, Smart Building, Commissioning and Digital Management.
This graduate role is to assist the project lead and the wider team in the lift design process in order to gain a detailed working knowledge of all parts of the industry, including design, health and safety and project on site surveys and safety.
- Assist Associate and Senior Engineers with detailed vertical transport design tasks and drawing production.
- Develop an understanding of the different building materials and techniques employed in design.
- Carry out detailed design calculations and develop a full understanding of computer design packages.
- Maintain a Continuing Professional Development diary to assist in obtaining appropriate qualifications.
- Develop a detailed and advanced understanding of the Health & Safety of vertical transportation.
- Develop an understanding of appropriate Legislation Standards, Building Regulations, and Codes of Practice.
- Learn and understand design techniques and develop awareness of other design disciplines.
- Maintain a training Log on a daily basis, recording achievements and experience.
- Attend appropriate and relevant site visits and meetings as and where applicable to the role or the project.
- Attend relevant training as required by the practice to achieve Chartered status.
- Attend and arrange Lunch time CPD's and Knowledge Sharing sessions.
Skills & Requirements
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Good IT knowledge and experience featuring Microsoft Packages.
- Must have a keen interest in the Health & Safety element of Building Services and Vertical transportation.
- Personable and a 'can do' attitude with resource management experience
- Be clear, concise, professional and personable when communicating with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Some knowledge and use of appropriate design analysis software desirable.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.