Graduate Building Services Engineer - Bristol
Salary and Package: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Our client, an established and growing engineering consultancy are looking for an ambitious Graduate Building Services Engineer to join a team of engineers and assist in delivering a variety of prestigious projects across the practice. It is essential that applicants are driven, hardworking and have a passion for finding the best sustainable building practices and methods.
It's preferred that applicants have between 1-2 years of industry experience and are looking for their next challenge within a respected and growing Engineering Consultancy Firm.
Candidates must have a strong academic background including a bachelor's or master's degree in either Sustainable Engineering, Building Services or another related discipline.
Essential Skills for this role:
- Bachelor/Master degree at 2:1 or above
- Full UK driver's license
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
- IT literate with educational experience using modelling software such as IES
What you will be doing:
- Preparation of design calculations and supporting the administration of projects
- Energy assessment of buildings using software packages (EDSL TAS or IES)
- Thermal 3D model simulations to meet client and design requirements
- Support design submissions to meet BREEAM criteria
- Calculations for renewable energy studies
- Produce Low and Zero Carbon technology reports
- Produce Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for domestic developments
- Attending client design team meetings
The successful candidate will be disciplined and able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise schemes in order of competence and deadline, work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining high quality workmanship.
The role comes complete with a private medical scheme, 25 days annual leave and a contributory pension scheme
Interested? To discuss this vacancy and other positions within the environmental sector, please do not hesitate to contact SAM BUTLER on (phone number removed) or email your CV to (url removed) and we will get back to you.