We are recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Structural Engineer to be based from their offices in the South West (Bath). We are seeking someone with the ability to coach and train others – both internally and externally, to chair technical meetings and to give industry guidance on structural engineering matters. Previous experience working within the curtain walling / cladding industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
Guide to Responsibilties
- Organise and manage structural engineering activities
- Mentor trainee Engineer's and Junior Structural Engineers
- Hold paramount the safety of the general public and all employees in all design/engineering decisions
- Responsible for all structural calculations - including load calculations, frame analysis, FEA, connections, and anchorages for curtain wall and cladding
- Responsible for ensuring accurate drawings and calculations
- Responsible for areas of scope to be included in calculation submittals
- Responsible for identifying most safe, efficient, and effective design and engineering solutions
- Responsible for proper selection of test procedures for mockups, field tests, material tests, etc
- Travel to, and coordinate travel to, project site as required to observe/evaluate/inspect construction and provide engineering support
- Train other engineers and trainee engineers to develop their technical knowledge in structural engineering and curtain wall
- Effectively communicate engineering design decisions to all project team members
- Responsible for all answers to structural related questions on products
- Meet with external clients and other committees as required to provide technical guidance on curtain wall design.
- Organise and lead technical meetings as required