SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Our Client is looking for a Senior Engineer to join their Infrastructure team, based in their Newcastle offices. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in, and a sound and broad understanding of a specific discipline or sector, their Senior Engineers work within a single discipline and for the backbone of a team's service offer.
Reporting to the technical team leader, a Senior Engineer's duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the provision of technical reports with assistance from technicians and/or less experienced members of the team, as required, working on a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects;
- Identifying and developing more complex design solutions;
- Working reliably as part of a technical team to provide high quality service offer to our clients;
- Taking responsibility for delivering more complex tasks, modelling, calculations or drawings to support Project Managers, and training less experienced team members to do so;
- Act as Project Manager to successfully deliver technical work stages and their associated deliverables, and supporting Project Managers who are coordinating larger schemes;
- Developing knowledge and understanding of project financial management;
- Demonstrating consistently high levels of client care;
- Demonstrating good communications skills internally with project teams and externally to clients;
- Attending or leading meetings with the client or third parties in relation to project matters;
- Development of company business and working with other teams to achieve company targets;
- Highways Design (Section 38 & 278);
- Swept Path Analysis;
- Drainage Design (Section 104, 106 and 185);
- Hydraulic design (piped networks and SuDS design)
The candidate will be confident in the use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD 2D
- PDS or Civil 3D desirable
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Enrolment in Company Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Company Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Company Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Company Life Assurance Policy.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on (url removed) or call (phone number removed). We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to (url removed). This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.