Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
The purpose of the role is to apply their technical skills and experience to deliver engineering solutions to meet programme delivery requirements.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for supporting internal and external manufacturing supply chain where they are responsible for:
* Liaising with suppliers during design and bid phase
* Reviewing and approving engineering non conformances
* Carry out Root Cause Analysis and delivering solutions to improve manufacturing or design aspects of the product.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will also support new product introduction by implementing lessons learnt and engineering principals such as DFMA.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
· Good understanding of engineering conformance to drawing, drawing configuration and change control
· Experience or specialism in any of the following would be extremely beneficial:
- Mechanical design, Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, Engineering Materials Processes and Coatings, Composites, Manufacturing Engineering, Continuous improvement.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
· Applies engineering principles and working knowledge to a range of difficult problems that require imaginative and practical solutions.
· Support internal and external manufacturing queries.
· Take ownership of production issues and drive to solution - prevent repeat issues.
· Engage with relevant engineering disciplines to ensure compliant solution.
· Liaise with supply chain and customer facing Integrated Program Team.
· Provide technical leadership to small team to deliver solutions to internal customers.
· Review and disposition of engineering non-conformances.
· Maintain metrics for group to demonstrate KPI's are being met.
About Cobham Mission Systems
to watch our careers video and learn more about us.
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our