Mobile Mechanical Engineer
A bit about us:
Arcus is driven by over 4,000 people. We bring together the unique skills, knowledge and experience that our clients really value. Our behaviours are aligned to encourage our people to share ways of doing something better, saving time, effort or money. It is not just what we do that makes us standout, it is how we do it that makes us truly different, that, coupled with our core values - Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do.
Your new role:
To carry out planned and reactive M&E maintenance tasks safely and to an agreed standard within a defined portfolio to a required Service Level. To provide first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
What you'll be responsible for:
- To undertake all M&E reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated and completed to an agreed standard, and to be available when on-call to ensure effective response and resolution, to then satisfy customer needs/escalation where appropriate.
- To ensure work is carried out in compliance with all health and safety requirements and to adhere to the best working practices.
- To sponsor and complete M&E surveys and technical reports as necessary and to cascade all key data to relevant personnel throughout field operations.
- To complete relevant HR processes including: notification of absence, holiday management, training needs and completion of timesheets.
- You are what the client sees first; make a good impression (ensure you comply with dress code and maintain your vehicle in good condition)
- Work towards the achievement of tasks within SLA times, work orders opened and closed in real time
- The timely completion of reactive and planned works carried out to agreed standards, achievement of first fix and equipment uptime.
- To ensure parts and materials are ordered in a timely manner through company processes
- To act in accordance to the Health and Safety policy when issues as such arise
- To work proactively to manage task volumes in conjunction with the Planning and Dispatch team
- To ensure appropriate audits and checks (seasonal) are carried out in line with standards provided
- To order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
- To notify the company P&D team of procedural task condition on completion of works
- To effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary.
- To Investigate and report any problems and incidents
- To actively support colleagues building a teamwork approach e.g. - supporting with training and up skilling of apprentices and communicating regularly and assisting when required.
- To provide M&E technical support as required, e.g. advice regarding major operational issues.
- To attend training courses as and when necessary to ensure personal management and keep your technical knowledge up to date.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A recognised Apprenticeship or Qualification in M&E Services/Maintenance
- Previous experience in M&E
- A valid UK driving licence
- 17th Edition - Desirable
- Gas Safe Certified - Desirable
- City & Guilds Test and Inspection - Desirable
- Significant M&E experience ideally gained within a retail environment
- Understanding of commercial M&E service technologies
- Awareness of budgeting of parts and material usage
- A knowledge of HVAC
- The ability to work unsupervised in a pressurised environment dealing with store teams/the public.
- The genuine commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- To actively contribute to the team's targets either individually or by supporting others
- To represent the company in a professional and competent manner
- To ensure effective written and verbal communication of all operational M&E issues within the region.
- An understanding of refrigeration systems and the ability to provide visual inspection
- Proficient IT knowledge
- Capable of prioritising a complex and demanding workload
- Genuine learning agility, flexibility and willingness to learn
- Enjoy working within a people focused environment
- The post holder must be able to work flexibly, as determined by business requirements this may involve travelling to other Arcus offices or client's premises
In addition to a competitive salary Arcus employee can enjoy 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, a generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%, gym discounts and life assurance. At Arcus we are passionate about individual development which is why we are proud to offer industry leading Learning & Development opportunities to all our staff across our organisation.